I was tagged by the lovely Nic and Lauren to write 10 unusual things about me. I really like posts like this as they’re something different and a bit of fun, however, I am CRAP at talking about me! But, I’ll give it a go and see what happens, so I’ll apologise in advance if this post sends you to sleep!
So, here goes! 10 things about me that you probably didn’t know… (see I’ve already ,moved the goal posts as I can’t think of unusual stuff about me lol!)
1. I’m left-handed. Not what I call a cack-handed leftie, I only write and use a butter knife with my left hand. I use right-handed scissors, can throw with both hands and don’t smudge my writing because I turn the paper round to stop it from happening! Why all these smudgy lefties haven’t figured this out yet amazes me lol!
2. I’ve got a BAD sweet tooth! I’ll always pick sweet food over savoury, and will leave some of my dinner to leave room for pudding! As I’m typing this, I’m sat here eating honeycomb pieces covered in dark chocolate!
3. My family call me Monica (Friends) because I’m a neat freak and MUST have shit organised!! If we’re all meeting up for a meal or day out my mum/sisters, etc would happily just go with the flow… meet whenever they’re ready, and decide what they’re doing when they get there. I need to know what time we’re meeting, what order we’re doing stuff in and what we’re all doing. I’m not a very spontaneous bird, and I do have a Monica cupboard… it’s my loft lol!
4. I’ve got quite a good eye for interior design – well I like to think so anyway! We’ve lived in our house for over 14 years now and I’m JUST getting it how I want it! For one reason or another, usually funds or lack of them lol, we’ve just done a quick job and cut corners to save money. Now we can (almost) get whatever we want so I’m in my element deciding what we need in each room and in what colour. The living room and my bedroom is probably my favourite at the moment but that could change lol!
5. My family (both sides) come from a fair few different countries so I have Irish, Austrian, French and Spanish in my blood, as well as English lol. That kind of explains my dodgy skin colour I suppose!
6. I have a muscle weakness condition called Myasthenia Gravis (I wrote a post about it here) which I was diagnosed with when I was 20. I had an emergency operation to remove my appendix and it took me several hours to come round after the anaesthetic so woke up in the High Dependency Unit!
7. My fave food is Mexican…. nachos, fajitas, burritos, salsa, guacamole. OMG I can’t get enough of it!
8. I HATE being called Stephanie! If anyone in my family calls me it I don’t answer lol. There are still a few people at work who call me Stephanie but I’ve started correcting them now.
9. I’m a HUGE Take That fan! I’ve been a fan since I was 10 and have been to most of their concerts. Last year I turned back into my old teenage self and cried when I got to touch Mark’s hand at the Wonderland tour lol! They’ve done so well in the last 30 years, I can’t wait to see them at the Odyssey tour twice next year! Getting to take all 3 of my girls, mum and sister is going to be epic! Kacie cried when I told her we got tickets!
10. I’ve got quite a varied taste in music. Obvs, my first choice would be TT, but I also love Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, Dua Lipa, Destiny’s Child, UK Garage, So Solid Crew, Oasis, Madness, Guns ‘n’ Roses, Genesis, Reggae, Neyo, Usher. There’s definitely loads more but there’s a bit of a mixture there!
Now I don’t think these facts were too unusual to be honest! However, I’m going to tag a few people, so join in if you fancy it and let me know when you post so I can read it! I tag Steph, Fiona, Em, Kayleigh & Liv!
Hope you enjoyed reading, until next time,