Can’t actually believe it, but as I was writing my last post (Liebster Award Nomination), Kayleigh nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award! If you haven’t followed her blog, you must go and look cos it’s just fab! She’s supported me from the beginning without even knowing me and I’m really grateful for that.
1) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
2) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
3) Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions
4) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
1. What’s your favourite perfume?
Oooooh I can’t choose, there’s too many! At the risk of sounding like a cheapo, I absolutely LOVE all the Britney Spears ones! If I had to choose one that wasn’t Britney it would be Hugo Boss The Scent.
2. Where was your last holiday to?
My last holiday was a girls holiday to Lanzarote 3, YES 3(!!!), years ago for my auntie’s 40th birthday. There was 6 of us, she didn’t know two of us were going, me included, and it was bloody brilliant! No arguments, plenty of sun, drink, food and even more laughs.
3. Have you ever been to a concert/festival, if so which one/which was your favourite?
I’ve been to LOADS of concerts, and only one festival which was Wireless a couple of years ago. Definitely prefer concerts LOL even though Wireless was really good. My favourite concert has to be Take That, Wonderland which we saw last year at the O2, and *fangirl moment alert* I got to TOUCH Mark Owen!! Seriously, I’ve loved him since I was about 10 so that was an amazing moment for me.
4. What’s your favourite tv programme?
I think I’m gonna have to go with Silent Witness. Even though there are a few programmes I’m into at the moment, this one sticks out.
5. If you could save one personal item from your house what would it be?
My box of photos.
6. Who’s your favourite singer/band?
Take That, like you couldn’t guess.
7. If you could be any animal what would you be?
I think I’d be a tiger, just because they’re my favourite. Such a beautiful animal!
8. Your favourite place to visit in the UK and why?
London! I live about 20 minutes away from the city by train, and if I could go there more often I would. I’m definitely a city girl, not a country bumpkin. I love the hustle and bustle, all the old buildings and the history behind them. And there’s sooooo much to do too!
9. What fictional place would you most like to go to?
I’ve struggled to answer this one! That is exactly how bad my imagination is LOL! I’m just gonna go with my fave kids film and say The Wizard of Oz! I know as soon as I post this, I’ll think of a better answer but hey ho!
10. Do you have a claim to fame?
Only that I got through on the phone in on Going Live (does anyone remember that or are you all too young?) to speak to Daniella Westbrook and Michelle Gayle when they were in EastEnders. My claim to fame is speaking to Philip Schofield lol!
11. If you could take 5 things to a desert island what would they be and-why?
My phone – you know how it feels when you don’t have it! Chocolate – because chocolate! A radio – I can’t not have music in my life! An endless supply of chilli beef nachos – Mexican food is my absolute fave at the moment! Lastly, my family – I know they’re more than 5 things and they do my nut in sometimes but I wouldn’t be without them.
1. If there is one thing you could tell yourself before you started blogging, what would it be?
To start a Twitter account from the very beginning! The support network on there from other bloggers is just amazing and there are so many helpful tips to get you going at first!
2. If you could choose any place in the world to live, where would you choose & why?
New York City! I’ve always said that if I won the lottery or got rich somehow… it’s a stunning place that has so much in it! I visited 5 years ago and fell in love with it within seconds!
3. What career did you have picked out as a child that you wanted to be growing up?
I wanted to run my own hotel! But, I was very naïve and thought that just involved sitting behind a desk, answering calls and handing out keys lol! There’s no way I’d be cleaning up everyone else’s mess and changing sheets, cooking breakfast, etc. Nope!
4. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
Ok if you mean by choice then probably trying to drive home from work in the snow last year and failing! My husband had to walk to meet me and we had to abandon the car and walk the rest of the way home… needless to say I hate snow! If not then that would be going into labour 2 months early with my middle daughter!
5. There is one thing you must change about your blog – what is it?
I’d really like to be able to earn some extra pennies from my blog, whether that be doing product reviews or having ads on it.
6. What is your favorite color?
Blush/dusky pink… also in love with all the rose gold stuff that’s around at the moment!
7. Do you still have dreams for your future? What are they?
I’ve wanted to be a midwife or paramedic for a while now, and obviously for my family I just want us all to be happy, healthy, successful and comfortable in life.
8. What is your favorite movie?
I can’t choose! Here’s the thing, I don’t really do movies, so when I do it has to be awesome, which is why it’s so hard for me to choose! The films I love are Snatch, Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Sherlock Holmes, The Bourne films, The Expendables are just some of my faves.
9. What is one thing you want your readers to be able to get out of your writing?
If everyone who took the time to read my blog ended it with a smile, I’d be happy.
10.You’re only allowed to shop in one store for the rest of your life (aside from groceries & necessities) – where do you choose?
I think it would have to somewhere like Argos or Primark LOL! At least I don’t have expensive taste!
11. What is your favorite skin care product?
Ok, this is going to sound terrible but I literally don’t use anything on my skin! I obviously shower, etc but I don’t use anything afterwards. So, recommendations welcome!
My 11 questions to you lovely lot:
1. If you could go back to high school age, would you and why?
2. Are you a good cook? If so, what’s your best dish?
3. What made you start blogging?
4. What’s your ultimate blogging goal?
5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
6. What’s your best beauty/make up tip?
7. What is your best blogging tool? (App, social, etc.)
8. How long do you spend making your blogs?
9. What has been your favourite holiday?
10. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
11. What’s your favourite film?
I’m really enjoying taking part in these… I hope you guys do too! Please don’t forget to tag me in your responses so I can have a nose at your answers!